This Blog revolves around the book – MKG – Mahatma Gandhi – Imaging Peace, Truth & Ahimsa and how Learnings from the Mahatma can cause positive change in the 21st century; the book is a pictorial representation of the life and message of the Mahatma, covering major milestones which influenced his philosophy, political awakening and his concept of Ahimsa in a concise illustrative format. An attempt has been made to portray the man behind the Mahatma to provide inspiration to today’s generation.


www.peacetruthahimsa.com
provides a comprehensive view of all our work
on Mahatma Gandhi around the world.

MKG book released at the United Nations

1st October 2010 - A special edition of the book – MKG –Imaging Peace Truth and Ahimsa was released by the President of the General Assemble of the United Nations. The release was marked with attendance from Ambassadors from over 50 nations and was the official UN event marking the International Day of Non-Violence.

UN Story Link

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nelson Mandela – A Room Away


During my visit to South Africa I had the pleasure of visiting the Nelson Mandela Foundation in Johannesburg; I was carrying a special gift for Mr Mandela– a personalised copy of the MKG book.

Although I had been told earlier that Madiba would not be available to receive the gift in person, I could leave it for him at the end of the meeting and it would be delivered. I had a feeing that I may get an opportunity to see the great man in spirit.



Waiting in the reception for my 3pm meeting, I could suddenly feel a certain energy in the air, people where walking around with a quicker pace and whispering with a smile. I was not sure what was happening, but the excitement was in the air.

Then my host Verne came up to me and apologised that our meeting had to be delayed as Madiba had just come into the office and was in the next room as he had to attend to some urgent paperwork.

I was happy to wait and crossed my fingers, hoping to catch a glimpse of the man… a few minutes later Verne came out and got me for our meeting, needless to say I only saw Madiba in spirit, the energy that surrounds him, extruded through the walls ….I am sure Sheryl Manchisi, my accomplice in the excitement, her meeting was also delayed would agree with me !!!! A date to remember - 26th May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

UNITED NATIONS, NEW YORK

UNITED NATIONS, NEW YORK
Joseph Deiss, President of the sixty-fifth session of the General Assembly, holds up a limited edition copy of “MKG – Mahatma Gandhi – Imaging Peace, Truth & Ahisma” at an event commemorating the International Day of Non-Violence. The day is observed 2 October for the birthday of non-violence pioneer Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi). Pictured with Mr. Deiss are Hardeep Singh Puri (left), Permanent Representative of India to the UN, and Birad Rajaram Yajnik, the book's author.
01 October 2010 United Nations, New York